The GFCI outlets haven’t worked in either bathroom since I moved into the house in December of 2014. The outlets on the outside of the house haven’t worked either. I finally got around to looking into this since I got the bathroom painted and really wanted a working outlet.
I’m terrible at taking photos while working on this kind of thing, but this is me trying to figure out what was going on here. Replacing the GFCI outlet in the master bath got the outlet in the front bathroom working. Once they were both reset, all three outside outlets started working. I had read that code in the 80s specified this, but I didn’t verify it through any credible sources.