Press "Enter" to skip to content

freelancefool.org Posts

Last one down

It all boils down to this: One last tree. One final piece to the landscaping nightmare.

Using the Jeep as an anchor point to keep this from dropping on the fence, I was able to fell the last tree. This tree had been growing up the chain link fence and was part of the fence. I had to use a ladder to cut the tree about 7′ off the ground.

2 hours later and it was mostly cleaned up. This was a long week of yard work getting the fence line mostly cleaned up.

A solid pile of yard debris. Hopefully, this is the last of what I will be dragging curbside. Now, I just need to figure out what to do about the fence line in the backyard.

Leave a Comment

Gate idea and more clean up

I got tired of trying to align the gate every time I closed it so it would stay closed. I got the bright idea to hammer a 4″ PVC coupler into the ground and fill it full of gravel. This makes it easier to know where the double gate should be whenever it’s closed and keeps me from having to make a bunch of holes in the ground every time I want to close the gate.

Then I started cutting. I’ve gotten real good at cutting trees down in the backyard and taking the scrub down with it.

I can not stress how much poison oak was in that tallow tree. It’s been gone for 3 weeks now, but I’m still getting over the poison oak on my arms and legs. I know I’m allergic. I took steps to mitigate my exposure. I still got it. That stuff is the worst.

Leave a Comment

More clean up, more posts about it

In order to get the pickets moved to the front yard easily, I hauled a trailer over. It rained for about 15 minutes while I was driving home with the trailer. I almost got stuck on what was very hard ground that morning. I just slowly let out on the clutch and both rear wheels spun. Shifted into four wheel drive and pulled straight out.

After I got all the fence picked up and moved, I started trimming trees and bushes.

While I was trimming, I went ahead and cut down 3 crepe myrtles in the front yard. I’m tired of having them rub against the house and having to deal with that. They also don’t get enough sunlight to flower much.

Unfortunately the batteries for my Makita died before I was able to finish cutting the stump down. I had to wait a day for the batteries to charge to finish that job. It was at this point that I decided I needed more batteries and a dual battery charger for the Makita. More on that later.

Leave a Comment